So many of you always ask about duplicate colors for the MAC Palette that I use on clients, well Urban Decay’s NAKED palette has MANY of duplicates of the colors I use on my clients and at a much lesser cost!
MAC Pro Palettes: $11 each
Urban Decay Naked Palette: $50 – 12 shades
Ok so here are the MAC Duplicates for the UD Naked Palette 1:
- MAC : Sable = UD: Toasted
- MAC: Shroom = UD: Virgin
- MAC: Naked Lunch or All that Glitters= UD: Sin
- MAC: Kid or Era = UD: Naked
- MAC: Style Snob or MAC Mauvement Pigment = UD: Sidecar
- MAC: Cork = UD: Buck
- MAC: Woodwinked = UD: Half Baked
- MAC: Tempting or MAC Bronze = UD: Smog
- MAC: Magnetic Fields = UD: Darkhorse
- MAC: Sable = UD: Toasted
- MAC: Smut or Twinks = UD: Hustle
- MAC: Carbon or MAC Black Tied or MAC Dark Soul Pigment = UD: Creep
- MAC: Knight Divine = UD: Gunmetal
Here is a little bit more about the UD Colors:
- Virgin is a pale, shimmered nude beige. It’s very, very light, but it’s such a beautiful neutral. It’s a little frosty for a highlighter, particularly on darker skin tones, but it would make for a great all-over wash or pop of light on the inner tear duct.
- Sin is a champagne with a touch of pink and a frostier finish. This shade is permanently available.
- Naked is a matte medium beige-brown. It has a very soft, smooth texture–not at all powdery or chalky.
- Sidecar is a shimmered, medium bronze brown with almost a red undertone. This shade was in the first edition of the Book of Shadows. (I didn’t see it on Urban Decay’s website at all.)
- Buck is a matte darkened beige-brown. It’s really a darker version of Naked. It has the same silky smooth texture and rich color pay off of Naked, too.
- Half Baked is a coppery bronze with a frost-metallic finish. This shade is permanently available.
- Smog is a medium dark bronze with a gilded bronze sheen. This shade is permanently available.
- Darkhorse is a darkened deep chocolate brown with flecks of bronze.
- Toasted is a medium dark pinky brown with a shimmery finish. This shade is permanently available.
- Hustle is a dark plummy chocolate brown with a soft shimmer finish.
- Creep is a darkened blue-black base with silver and teal shimmer. Urban Decay said “onyx with gold glitter” but I really didn’t see the gold.
- Gunmetal is a blue-gray metallic that really must be seen to be appreciated. It almost feels like a duochrome, because it flashes blue but it’s dark and smoldering. This shade is permanently available
THANKS and hope this helps